One of the great benefits of using CCAR Placement Services is access to the finest and best trained rabbis.
When you engage a CCAR member rabbi, you enter into a sacred partnership with a rabbi who:
- Receives the finest rabbinic education in the world at a fully accredited seminary, the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, or a comparable institution.
- Remains subject to the most stringent code of rabbinic ethics and the highest standards of Jewish behavior.
- Participates in intensive rabbinic mentoring over several years to navigate the transition from rabbinic student to ordained rabbi.
- Continues to engage in lifelong learning through CCAR’s outstanding programs of Torah study, professional development, and spiritual growth.
- Benefits from an extensive array of emotional support for the rabbi and the rabbi’s family in order to enable the rabbi to best serve the community.
- Travels to Israel on the Rabbinic Leadership Travel program to build bridges between North American Jews and Israel.
- Accesses the expertise of the CCAR rabbinic staff in a variety of professional, organizational and personal areas, as well as a collection of approved executive coaches.
- Connects to a network of colleagues who serve as advisors, guides, teachers, and study-partners.
- Helps to build the Jewish future by working with youth at URJ and other Jewish summer camps and Israel programs.
- May call upon the National Commission on Rabbinic-Congregational Relations (NCRCR) in collaboration with the lay leaders of a URJ congregation to mediate issues that may arise between the rabbi and a congregation.
- Is invested in the concerns, challenges, and future of the Reform Movement.
To start the CCAR Placement Service Process for Congregations and other Organizations, please click here.