The Central Conference of American Rabbis is the Reform Rabbinic leadership organization. The CCAR enriches and strengthens the Jewish community by fostering excellence in the Reform Rabbis who lead it, in whatever setting they serve, and through the resources and publications we provide the Jewish community. CCAR members lead the Reform Movement on important spiritual, social, cultural and human rights issues, at the same time the CCAR creates and sustains the Judaism of tomorrow.
The CCAR’s rabbinic voice guides the Jewish Community on important spiritual, social, cultural, and human rights issues. CCAR applies tradition, Jewish scholarship, and Jewish values to contemporary issues through the creation of Platforms, Responsa, Resolutions, and Statements meant to inspire, guide, teach, and define Judaism in our times.
CCAR is the center for lifelong rabbinic learning, career development, personal and family support, resources, and publications for the 2,100 rabbis who serve more than 2 million Reform Jews throughout North America, Israel, and the world. Ongoing Torah study and professional development, high educational and ethical standards, and pillars of the CCAR provide excellence in rabbinic leadership and strengthen the Jewish community.
Placement and Transition
For over 50 years the CCAR has provided the finest placement and employment services for thousands of rabbis, congregations, and communities. The CCAR provides resources and training for both rabbis and communities to ensure smooth placement and transition, as they make the single most important decision in Jewish life – finding the right rabbinic leadership for their community.
Our annual Convention is the highlight of our year, and an opportunity for chevruta, deep learning, and reconnection with colleagues.
Register Now for CCAR Convention 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio: March 31 – April 3, 2019.
New from CCAR
- CCAR and URJ Memo to Congregations and Rabbis on the Acceptance of Governmental Security Grants
- CCAR Devastated by Tragedy at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh
- 132 Faith Organizations Sign Letter Against the Rollback of Environmental Safeguards
- CCAR Opposes Proposals to Remove Federal Recognition and Protection of Transgender Americans
- CCAR Response to Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- Important Statement from the WRN and CCAR in Support of Survivors of Sexual Assault