The Central Conference of American Rabbis is the Reform rabbinic professional leadership organization that instills excellence in the Reform Jewish rabbinate. The oldest and largest rabbinic organization in North America, the CCAR strengthens the Jewish community by providing religious, spiritual, ethical, and intellectual leadership and wisdom for the 2,200 rabbis who serve more than 2 million Reform Jews throughout North America, Israel, and the world. The CCAR’s unique contribution to a continued vibrant Jewish community and Reform Movement lies in its work fostering excellence in Reform Rabbis, enhancing unity and connectedness among Reform Jews, applying Jewish values to a contemporary life, and creating a compelling and accessible Judaism for today and the future.
The CCAR’s rabbinic voice guides the Jewish Community on important spiritual, social, cultural, and human rights issues. CCAR applies tradition, Jewish scholarship, and Jewish values to contemporary issues through the creation of Platforms, Responsa, Resolutions, and Statements meant to inspire, guide, teach, and define Judaism in our times.
CCAR is the center for lifelong rabbinic learning, career development, personal and family support, resources, and publications for the 2,200 rabbis who serve more than 2 million Reform Jews throughout North America, Israel, and the world. Ongoing Torah study and professional development, high educational and ethical standards, and pillars of the CCAR provide excellence in rabbinic leadership and strengthen the Jewish community.
Placement and Transition
For over 50 years the CCAR has provided the finest placement and employment services for thousands of rabbis, congregations, and communities. The CCAR provides resources and training for both rabbis and communities to ensure smooth placement and transition, as they make the single most important decision in Jewish life – finding the right rabbinic leadership for their community.
Coronavirus & High Holy Day Resources for Rabbis
As you are called upon to lead in this time of great challenge, we are committed to providing you with as many resources as possible. Here, you’ll find High Holy Day resources, liturgy, member support, life cycle resources, and more. (Requires CCAR Member login.)
CCAR In the News
- Rabbi Hara Person on CBS New York: Synagogues Live Stream Rosh Hashanah Services As Families Plan Smaller Gatherings Due To Coronavirus
- Rabbi Hara Person, eJewishPhilanthropy: Jewish Organizations Must Address the Pandemic Parenting Gender Gap
- Rabbi Hara Person, Ms. Magazine: “Why Progressive Faith Leaders Must Defend Reproductive Rights”
- JTA: “What It’s Like to Start a Job As a Rabbi During a Pandemic”
- Rabbi Hara Person, The Times of Israel: “Jewish Support for Abortion Is Being Drowned Out. We Can Change That”
- Rabbi Hara Person, The Forward: “What Will the Rabbinate Look Like After COVID?”
- Rabbi Hara Person, The Times of Israel: “Jewish Resilience: Creating, Transforming & Connecting in a Time of Distance”