The Central Conference of American Rabbis is the Reform Rabbinic leadership organization. The CCAR enriches and strengthens the Jewish community by fostering excellence in the Reform Rabbis who lead it, in whatever setting they serve, and through the resources and publications we provide the Jewish community. CCAR members lead the Reform Movement on important spiritual, social, cultural and human rights issues, at the same time the CCAR creates and sustains the Judaism of tomorrow.
The CCAR’s rabbinic voice guides the Jewish Community on important spiritual, social, cultural, and human rights issues. CCAR applies tradition, Jewish scholarship, and Jewish values to contemporary issues through the creation of Platforms, Responsa, Resolutions, and Statements meant to inspire, guide, teach, and define Judaism in our times.
CCAR is the center for lifelong rabbinic learning, career development, personal and family support, resources, and publications for the 2,100 rabbis who serve more than 2 million Reform Jews throughout North America, Israel, and the world. Ongoing Torah study and professional development, high educational and ethical standards, and pillars of the CCAR provide excellence in rabbinic leadership and strengthen the Jewish community.
Placement and Transition
For over 50 years the CCAR has provided the finest placement and employment services for thousands of rabbis, congregations, and communities. The CCAR provides resources and training for both rabbis and communities to ensure smooth placement and transition, as they make the single most important decision in Jewish life – finding the right rabbinic leadership for their community.
Our annual Convention is the highlight of our year, and an opportunity for chevruta, deep learning, and reconnection with colleagues.
Click to view program book and more Convention Details!
Register Now for CCAR Convention 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio: March 31 – April 3, 2019.
New from CCAR
- Central Conference of American Rabbis Condemns Threats to Women’s Health by Changes to Title X
- Reform Movement Statement on Prime Minister Netanyahu’s Initiative to Bring the Racist Otzma Yehudit Party into the Government
- Central Conference of American Rabbis Mourns Al Vorspan, Z”L
- Reform Movement Decries President’s National Emergency Declaration to Build Border Wall
- Central Conference of American Rabbis Condemns Congresswoman’s Antisemitic Statement
- Lilith Magazine: 7 Jewish Feminist Highlights of 2018
- The Times of Israel: Chanukah and Antisemitism: Lessons for Our Time